NRI & Expatriate Services

International Tax

Non- Resident Indian (NRI) Services

From handling NRI investment related queries, to providing excellent solutions to NRIs regarding setting up business in India to assisting tax compliance during returning, Taxpert Professionals NRI Consultancy Services involves all these aspects & many more. Being an experienced consultant, our dedicated team has successfully provided effective solutions to many foreign clients over the years. We have creditable experience of providing multitude of services to a diverse client profile. Non-resident Indians comprise a substantial portion of our client base. Our core area of work is as under:

  • Determining residential status of NRI in India
  • Interpretation of tax treaties with a view to reduce tax liability in India
  • Handling of issues relating to inheritance, will, etc.
  • Compliances with respect to the Income-Tax Act, 1961
  • Guidance and assistance in filing of Income Tax Return
  • Advising suitable tax saving investments
  • Representation before tax authorities
  • Assistance in relation to funds held in bank accounts
  • Various compliances in regard to repatriation of funds/investments/property, etc.

Expatriate Taxation Services

“Expatriate” or “Expat” is a person residing in a country temporarily or permanently which is different from his/her home country i.e. the country in which he/she is a resident. Usually this term is used in case of technicians and professionals sent by their companies to their associated enterprises or foreign subsidiaries. “Tax equalisation” is a measure used to neutralize the impact of taxation on an expatriate worker in respect of his/her assignment in a country where he is not a resident. “Social security agreement” On 1 October 2008, the Ministry of Labour and Employment, government of India notified social security schemes for international workers (IWs).

Expatriates often work in a country or they are deputed to another country wherein the tax brackets, credits, deductions immensely differ from their home country. This creates a dicey situation for an Expat. Either the expat shall end up paying more taxes or take the benefit of the tax situation by paying comparatively lower taxes.

With new Country comes new challenges. Are you compliant with the laws? Are you registered? Are you paying right taxes? Are you filing appropriate return? Are you claiming correct credit? Are you aware about the Social Security Contribution? Are your taxed equalized?

Our services include the following:


  • Comprehensive Tax planning for the Indian assignment with respect to its commencement, tenure etc., taxability as per applicable regulations to enhance tax benefits
  • Determination of best possible tax structure

Drafting of Agreement from tax and regulatory perspective

  • Drafting of employment contracts from tax and regulatory perspective
  • Drafting of tax equalisation agreements between the employees and the employer

 Registration and Compliance

  • Advisory on residential status in India during the period of assignment
  • Registration with Foreigners Regional Registration Office (FRRO)
  • Maintenance of complete Expatriate payroll – Calculation of monthly Tax to be deducted by employer, filing of return, deposit of tax etc.
  • Handholding for compliance requirements from their time of entry to their departure from India including tax registration, deregistration, filings, etc.
  • Determine taxability of employer’s and employee’s contributions to retiral benefits, whether mandatory or otherwise, during the Indian assignment.
  • Helping the expatriate in opening and maintaining account and remittances


  •  Assistance in addressing Indian tax issues keeping in view the prevailing tax laws
  • Advise on exemption and tax credit mechanism to determine that income is not doubly taxed under different jurisdictions or appropriate credit for foreign taxes is claimed
  • Availing of benefits under Social Security Agreements signed by India with other countries.
  • Analyse taxation of income in the home and host country and advise on the tax impact of the same.

    Use The Form Below To Contact Us For This Service:

    Start chat
    Chat with us
    Taxpert Professionals Team
    Hello 👋
    How can we help you?